MICROTYPE 6 is an instructional program for alphabetic and numeric keyboarding, skill-building, and the numeric keypad with motivating graphics, games, and a word processor with built-in timer. This software program teaches correct finger placement and builds basic keyboarding skills, then works on speed and accuracy. Instructor utilities include class and student preferences, detailed lesson, summary, and timed writing reports, and an enhanced gradebook.
- Alphabetic, numeric, skill-building, and keypad program with motivating graphics, games, and a word processor.
- Timed writings are used with alphabetic and numeric review lessons.
- In the Skill-building lessons, performance feedback is provided along with a skills analysis writing for the student, along with prescriptive suggestions for additional practice.
- 3-D viewer that shows proper posture, hand positioning, ergonomics, key reaches, and more.
- Voice-over instructions in Spanish.
- A web-based reporting feature with optional instructor web site for distance learning allows easy access to student reports.
- Software transparently uploads students records to web site if that option is chosen.
- Teacher utilities and functions that provide individualized and classroom options.
- A full capability grade book is also available in the Web Reporter (v.3).